So, this past Sunday I did it...I ran my first 15K...that's 9.3 miles. Not only did I run 9.3 miles, but I did it in over 70 degree weather (about 75 degrees mid-run) at 6:15am EST (I was up at 4:30am that morning). Some friends and I ventured off to Disney World to run the Minnie Mouse Women's Around the World 15K. We had a blast.
After the run we headed off to the Magic Kingdom for a day of fun...but let me step back and give you the run down on the trip from the beginning.
Mary and I headed out on Thursday at 11pm. We got to Orlando at approximately 7:30am, took the Disney Magic Express Bus to the Animal Kingdom Lodge, got early check-in, and decided to layout by the pool.
Laura and Shevaun got into town around 6pm. There were a couple of sightings of the Jonas Brothers, Cheetah Girls, and Hannah Montana (Miley Cirus) at the hotel...they were staying there. I'm sure you can only imagine the excitement of all the little girls vacationing at the hotel.
We decided to head to Downtown Disney to have dinner and explore. We hopped on a bus...after having a drink in our hotel lounge...and headed to an Irish Pub. We ate and walked around until about 1am. Long day. I couldn't wait to hit the bed.
The next morning we were up at 7am and met Laura's aunt and cousins for breakfast. They were a cool group. One of her cousins works for Disney as a graphic designer in the animation group (her cousin's husband also works there as an animator). So, needless to say she took us to her office and gave us a tour of "backstage" Disney. It was so cool...as is she. She then took us in the backlot of Hollywood Studios and gave us free passes to the park. Jealous...I would be. It was totally awesome. We had a blast there. We rode on the Tower of Terror and Aerosmith's Rock n' Roller Coaster several times. So much fun.
We then headed to Epcot for dinner. We thought we should try to carbo load before the race. So off to Italy it was for some fine pasta. We didn't over do it, but had just enough. At about 9pm we headed back to the room and started to prepare for the next morning. I think we went to sleep around 11pm.
The next morning...bright and early at 4:30am...we woke up to get ready for the race. I must admit, I don't know that I have ever been that nervous. I guess it's the anticipation of the unknown. We got there, ran, and went back to the hotel.
We decided there was no time for rest so we got ready and headed over to the Magic Kingdom. Boy, is that place crazy. It was so crowded, but so fun. We rode rides, ate, ate some more, rode some more rides, watched the parade, watched the fireworks, stayed for Magic Hours (only until about 1am, and then headed back to the room.
We were all beat so we decided our last full day would be low key. We woke up at 9am, headed out to the Animal Kingdom at 10:30am, rode some more rides, watched the animals (this is an AMAZING park...I totally recommend going there), went to Epcot again, and traveled the world. We ate and drank until our stomachs were so full. We decided to leave early as our bodies were completely worn out...especially our feet.
We ordered in some room service, watched TV, and talked until about 11pm. My flight was scheduled to depart the following morning (actually today at 9pm), so I had an early morning again. I wanted to make it home for Justin's birthday. He's 33 today in case anybody is wondering.
Needless to say, I made it home and am so happy to be here. I missed Justin and Hunter so much. Vacations are fun, but home is where my heart is. I couldn't do it with out Justin.
Anyway, if I were asked, "would I do it again?"....DEFINITELY! I am already planning for the next one. I'll share some photos later.
2 comments:
Kristin and I found out that Disney is not just for kids the first time we went alone. We had so much fun exploring the parks and went to Epcot for dinner every night. Glad you had a great time! Congrats on completing the run.
I am glad that you had so much fun. I totally want to go now. Actually, Kami and I are thinking of going when the Harry Potter theme park opens up in Orlando next year.
Congratulations on completing the run. Happy B-day to Justin.
Post a Comment