Friday, August 28, 2009

It's that time of year again...time for Fantasy Football

So, this is my third year participating in a Fantasy Football league. I've partnered up with a guy from work (the 2nd year in a row) who is the ultimate sports guru and quite possibly the smartest person (aside from my older sister) that I know. Here is the thing...both of our luck, as it pertains to Fantasy Sports, is not the greatest. Neither of us has ever really had any success in any fantasy league (whether it be baseball, football, Nascar - yes, I said Nascar - etc.) we've played in. We're hoping for a better year than last year.

Last year our first two picks were injured (and out for the entire season)...can you guess who one of the picks was? Yes, you'd be correct...Tom Brady. I'll never forget that day. Mary, Shevaun, and I had just gone for a run and headed over to Buckley's to get breakfast and to watch a little football. I remember sitting at our table drinking a Mimosa and when I looked up I saw Tom Brady down. My first thought was..."that's just mine and Mark's luck." You see, we have tendencies to jinx players careers/seasons. I know, it's awful.

Well, needless to say we made it through the season and didn't come in last place. Actually, we almost made the playoffs. This year, that's our goal.

I'll keep you updated throughout the season. Any suggestions of a team name would be greatly appreciated. Right now, we're leaning towards "Tom Brady's Knee." Last year it was "We are Marshall." Obviously, we didn't make an amazing comeback.

Here's our team (please note the commentary - it explains the pick and Mark wasn't around to help me make that decision)...

Our Team
Drew Brees
Matt Cassel
Steve Slaton
Ronnie Brown
Ray Rice
Darren Sproles
Roy Williams
DeSean Jackson
Josh Morgan
Percy Harvin
Justin Gage
Hank Baskett (we'll probably end up dropping him, but I had to pick him since he's about to be a new daddy - plus, I've watched him on the E! channel)
Mason Crosby
John Carlson
Giants defense
Panthers defense

No comments: