Monday, December 14, 2009

12/13/2009 makes it a year...a wonderful year!

Wow! How quickly a year goes by. Sometimes it seems a bit unbelievable.

Justin and I celebrated our 1st year anniversary. Crazy, huh? So, much has happened this past year that it seems like it has been years all rolled into one. We started the year by finding out we were going to have a baby (February 5th to be exact). I think we were both a little shocked (this hadn't been planned), but were very excited with the gift we had been given.

So, this little surprise forced us to get a few things done that we hadn't necessarily planned on doing so quickly...remodel the kitchen, purchase a family car (we got rid of the BMW Coupe and opted for a Subaru Tribeca), reorganize and furnish the house, refinance the house...I could go on.

Can I tell you something crazy? Even though it seems so surreal that all of this has happened in a year, it seems like this has all been a part of our lives for such a long time.

We celebrated our anniversary at Willows Lodge (followed by dinner at the Barking Frog)...no we didn't spend the night - I wasn't ready to be away from Lauren overnight yet...but we enjoyed a day full of pampering followed by an incredible dinner. It made me realize that I could go for massages and facials more often. It was so incredibly relaxing.

I would do it all over again. I love my husband (and my life) with all of my heart. Happy Anniversary, Justin!

No comments: